Learn where your access pass is located, how to use it, and what cool functionality exists around it. Whether you’re using the iOS or Android app, the method is the same.
Due to security reasons, access passes are not available when using a web browser.
- You are using the iOS or Android app.
- Your organization has installed and enabled the Access Control feature.
- You are logged in.
1. Main Menu
Once logged in, hit the menu icon in the top left to open the sidebar. Under Main Menu you can select Access Pass.
2. Access Pass
Depending on what functionality your organization has enabled, your access pass will contain several items of note. A new access pass is generated every time you view it. This prevents abuse from taking a screenshot and sharing it with others.
If your organization allows guest passes, you will see the total available to you.
If your organization has enabled Fastlane and you are sharing your location, you will be notified whether you are near any locations. If you are, the attendant will be notified which allows for a faster check in.
3. Arrival Process
Finally, show your access pass to the attendant who will scan it with their phone. The attendant will then verify that you are allowed access and that your picture matches you. At this time the attendant can also add any additional family members in your party as well as any guests, if applicable.
That’s it! You will be notified in the app that your arrival has been processed and you may proceed.
If your organization uses the Accounts feature and you are an Account Admin, you will also be notified when other members of your account are checked in. This feature is great for keeping track of when children arrive at their destination.
For more information on what the attendant sees, check out How to scan access passes.
- If you have an Apple Watch, you can also retrieve your access pass on your wrist and leave your phone in your pocket. Review the Apple Watch knowledge base to see all the cool features available to you!
- If you are using an Apple device, you can use Siri to retrieve your access pass, hands free (i.e. How to use Siri to retrieve my access pass)!
- Fastlane, if enabled by your organization, requires sharing your location to take advantage of a faster arrival process. Unless Fastlane is required by your organization, this is entirely optional and your choice. Memberment does not store any location data or use it for any purpose other than determining which location you are closest to for check in purposes only.
- If your organization has enabled guest passes along with the Payments feature, you may be able to purchase additional guest passes directly in the Memberment app.
In this article, we’ve shown you where to find your access pass, covered the arrival process, and touched on a few additional features available to you.